In Ouranoupolis, the Prosforion Tower is a well-known landmark right adjacent to the port. At the time of its construction in the 14th century, it was the biggest and best-preserved tower in Halkidiki. Tower of Loch is another name for the structure, a reference to the tower’s past.
Vatopedi Monastery was responsible for a particular section of Prosforion, and the tower was the focal point of the land. Named after a humanitarian couple from Australia, the “Lochs” settled in the tower in 1930 and named it after them.
Since it has undergone at least three structural and historical stages, this tower is one of the most noteworthy.
The first storey was built in the Byzantine period (11th-12th century), the Ottoman period (1585) added three more stories, and the interior, which is made of wood and dates back to the 19th century, is the oldest part.
Distance from our complex: 72 km ( 1 hour 13 min drive) See drive route in google maps